Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Giving Credit Where Credit's Due


Last week, I shared about the race that God had called me to run.  I’m afraid, however, that I didn’t emphasize enough where credit should go for accomplishing what the Lord called me to do.  Please forgive me for that. 

I need to let you know that the ONLY way that I completed the training and the race was by the grace of God – “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”  (Philippians 4:13)

I was never a runner…in fact, I quit basketball in 7th grade because they told me I was going to have to run track.  I am overweight (working on that) and have never run any farther than it took to grab one of my children whose curiosity got the best of them.  The idea of running even two minutes at a time was ridiculously intimidating.  When I started, I couldn’t imagine running three-plus miles!

So, each time that we ran, I reiterated to the Lord and to myself that what I was doing was for His honor and His glory.  “So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”  (2Cor 10:31)  That was my goal.  As we would jog the stretches that got longer and longer, I sang in my head, “Not to us, but to Your Name be the glory.” 

That’s all I wanted to say.  This endeavor is not about me, but about bringing the Lord glory, about saying, “I never, ever wanted to do this or believed that I could, but the Lord called me and took me farther than I ever imagined possible.”  If He will do this for me, He will do this for you!  Is He calling you to do something that you feel is way out of your league?  Trust Him to work in you to accomplish what He’s called you to do.  Really.  He’s truly trustworthy.

That’s all.  J
 
Trusting Him,
Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates