Monday, September 24, 2012

Not the World's Peace

"I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart.  And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  So don't be troubled or afraid."  John 14:27

Peace.  Everyone wants to be at peace.  We seek peaceful moments and places, peace of mind.  Peace seems to be the absence of things – strife, worry, conflict, anxiety.

I felt the same way until recently, and then the Lord used Philippians 4:13 to enlighten me – “And the peace of God…will guard your hearts and minds….”  Guard my heart and my mind?  What is that all about?  All of a sudden, the passive peace, the absence of strife, worry, conflict, and anxiety didn’t cut it.  That wasn’t Godly peace. 

God’s peace is active.  It’s working for me, on my behalf, to guard my heart and my mind – the seat of my emotions and the seat of my reason.  Being a sci-fi nut, I envisioned God’s peace being a force field, an invisible shield around my heart and my mind.  It is continually keeping thoughts of God, His Word, and what He’s done ever before me as it simultaneously repels strife, worry, conflict, anxiety, bad attitudes, thanklessness, and other harmful things that beset me.

Always remember, God is for you, and His peace will guard you if you will let it!
In Him,
Carrie


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates