Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Forever Stamps & Forever Stamped

John 3:16, John 5:24, John 6:40

Some time ago, stamps increased to 45 cents. I was not aware of the change, so I mailed several letters (some bills), and then the next day I read of the increase in the paper. I became very frustrated and wondered why our mail lady did not put the mail back into our box for correct postage. She is usually great about this kind of thing. I fussed around and made comments about getting our mail back and having to send it again. I then mentioned it to my son-in-law, and he asked, " Did you use ‘forever’ stamps?”

Then it hit me – Yes, I did!  I only buy "forever" stamps to avoid this kind of thing. I had forgotten!

This episode reminded me of God’s love. Do I sometimes forget salvation is "forever" and that God is always present with me?  "Forever"!

The satisfaction of knowing that I would not have to re-mail all the letters was calming. The fact that I could count on the post office, though, paled when I thought of always being able to count on God. The post office is managed by humans, and they err, but my future is managed by God and He has never lost one of His and He promises never to leave me alone.

He says in John 10: 28-30 that I am saved forever, and no one can snatch me out of His hand.

I can count on God keeping His Word. He promises to be with me no matter what: joy, sadness, difficulty, pain, disease, at times of worship, and at times of sowing and harvesting. He has "Forever" stamped by my name.
 
LDiz

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates